Monday, October 20, 2008

My favorite George Burns quotes

“I would go out with women my age, but there are no women my age.”

“Nice to be here? At my age it's nice to be anywhere.”

“I can't afford to die; I'd lose too much money.”

“Look to the future, because that is where you'll spend the rest of your life.”

“I'd rather be a failure at something I enjoyed than be a success at something I hate.”

“When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile.”

“Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.”

“People are always asking me when I'm going to retire. Why should I? I've got it two ways -- I'm still making movies, and I'm a senior citizen, so I can see myself at half price.”

“First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up and finally, you forget to pull it down.”

“If you live to be one hundred, you've got it made. Very few people die past that age.”

“Smartness runs in my family. When I went to school I was so smart my teacher was in my class for five years.”

“Everything that goes up must come down. But there comes a time when not everything that's down can come up.”

1 comment:

Dan Brantley said...

George Burns was one in a million, especially considering Gracie got most of the laughs during their career. Thanks great quotes.
I Stumbled for you.