Monday, April 21, 2008

DUMB Questions

Here is a whole list of DUMB Questions for to you ponder ( and I hope that you would laugh out loud). Which is your favourite DUMB question?



"When I press on my brakes, the car doesn't stop. Do you think this is something I should have fixed?" -- Asked of a worker at an auto repair shop.

"If you record silence on a tape and then play it back with the volume all the way up, will that drown out the noise in the room?" -- Asked by a woman of her boyfriend at the time.

"How do I tell the difference between the big staples and the little staples?" -- Asked of a fellow office worker in South Africa.

"The Renaissance was during the 1920's, right?" -- Asked of a high school student by another.

"Where do you think water comes from? The SKY?" -- From an overheard argument about water conservation.

"Do you want specific information in general or what?" -- From an overheard conversation between two managers.

"I wasn't able to tape Oprah. Could I possibly come down there and watch it?" -- Asked of a local television station.

"What day is New Year's again?"

"How much is that $10 watch?"

"Oh, honey, here's a watch store -- maybe they have it. Do you have any toe rings?"

"Glenn Miller? Didn't he die in a car crash flying to France?"

"I hate stereotypes. We Canadians don't really talk like that, eh?"

"How do I get my car fixed?" -- Asked of a health insurance company.

"What do you do with the mogels in the summer?" -- Asked of a ski lift operator.

"Is Scott there?" -- Scott, asking for his friend Jim.

"Isn't it funny how Thanksgiving lands on a Thursday every year?" -- Woman, overheard in a diner.

1 comment:

Roufa Tav Gosou & Mimi Lass said...

Favorite? Let's say...

"Do you want specific information in general or what?" -- From an overheard conversation between two managers.

And here's one for you:

If cash flow is the problem, why don't they just print some more?